Today there are over 400 companies actively engaging through NEPIC.
Individually companies benefit from increased sales, better local supply chains which help reduce costs and inventory levels and improved productivity and resource efficiency. Companies have reported up to £2m per annum of bottom line benefit through these activities. This helps those companies remain competitive within their own organisation which hopefully leads to future investment.
Collectively the cluster has a stronger voice to regional, UK and EU government; and through the coordination of mutually beneficial activities (led by industry) the competitiveness of the North East Process Industries is improved. In addition the sector has a greater international profile and has benefited from new companies establishing investing in the region.
Probably the most visible contribution NEPIC has made since its formation in 2005 is in helping create or safeguard over 3,600 jobs. This equates to generating over £1bn of Gross Value Added (GVA) to the north east regional economy.
These benefits are felt throughout the industry and ALL companies, members and non-members, are rewarded. Companies have a vital stake in making their home environment a better platform for international success, your company is actively playing its part in the cluster yet many of your suppliers and customers, who are reaping the rewards, are not. We would like your help in raising the awareness of membership benefits to your suppliers and customers. Please forward this email to your contacts and ask them to consider their role in the future success of these important sectors for the North East economy.
About NEPIC membership
NEPIC is a not for profit organisation limited by guarantee and membership is restricted to companies and not personal membership. Fees start from as little as £200 + VAT per annum and based on a company’s number of UK employees.
1) Industry leadership - the voice of industry
- A collaborative approach in tackling strategic issues and the development of specialised support mechanisms tailored to the specific requirements of their business sector.
- Be part of a cohesive network which is creates a more attractive to investors (both re-investment and new investment)
- Impacting on Skills, Education & Stakeholders
- Greater access to trade opportunities
- Attracting inward investment
- New business opportunities and supply chain connections:
- Business Acceleration for SMEs (BASME)
- Green Management Programme for Northeast SMEs (DEELOCSI)
- NEPIC events - Discounted rates for delegates and exhibitors. 15 networking events in 2012 with over 2,300 attendees
- Support for your Regional Investments with Technical & Funding advice
- Skills programmes to help your business
3) Increased profitability
- NEPIC Insurance Scheme, with Locktons LLP - guaranteed saving of at least 10%, plus enhanced policy coverage and market leading risk management advice
- NEPIC International Payments Scheme, with Western Union Business Solutions - helping clients optimize their currency transactions in local, regional and international markets
- NEPIC Energy Scheme, with Utilitywise - identifying better rates for utilities whilst also offering a range of products that can significantly reduce energy consumption.
- NEPIC Buying Group, with J6 - Significant and sustainable savings across common purchasing categories, with no up-front costs or on-going fees and utilising local suppliers where possible.
- Energy & Resource Efficiency Programmes
- Productivity Programmes
4) Promotion of your business and the region
- Strong international links with sector clusters and networks around the World, which generate business opportunities and helps reduce the risk of overseas trade.
- Publicising your business and the regions capabilities on a global level - worth over £3,000*.
- FocalPoint newsletter - New member introduction article showcasing your company in the next edition of our FocalPoint, plus free editorial opportunities for good new stories in future editions of, inclusion subject to NEPIC’s editorial discretion..
- NEPIC Directory 2013 - Free ¼ page company profile, with additional advertising opportunities (Directory media pack).
- NEPIC Portal - Access to the exclusive NEPIC Portal which provides members with an exclusive area to network, source products & services, gather information, share knowledge & best practice, find NEPIC and member events (including the ability to promote your own events), member to member offers, tender opportunities and much more.
- NEPIC website - Your company’s capabilities held within the Portal are searchable via the key word facility on the NEPIC website allowing you to promote your company across the globe.
If you are not a member but would like to contribute to the future success of these important sectors and would like your company to realise some of the membership benefits then join today.
NEPIC Customer Services Manager
Tel: 07802 255 118