Today there are over 400 companies actively engaging through NEPIC.
Individually companies benefit from increased sales, better local supply chains which help reduce costs and inventory levels and improved productivity and resource efficiency. Companies have reported up to £2m per annum of bottom line benefit through these activities. This helps those companies remain competitive within their own organisation which hopefully leads to future investment.
Collectively the cluster has a stronger voice to regional, UK and EU government; and through the coordination of mutually beneficial activities (led by industry) the competitiveness of the North East Process Industries is improved. In addition the sector has a greater international profile and has benefited from new companies establishing investing in the region.
Probably the most visible contribution NEPIC has made since its formation in 2005 is in helping create or safeguard over 3,600 jobs. This equates to generating over £1bn of Gross Value Added (GVA) to the north east regional economy.
These benefits are felt throughout the industry and ALL companies, members and non-members, are rewarded. Companies have a vital stake in making their home environment a better platform for international success, your company is actively playing its part in the cluster yet many of your suppliers and customers, who are reaping the rewards, are not. We would like your help in raising the awareness of membership benefits to your suppliers and customers. Please forward this email to your contacts and ask them to consider their role in the future success of these important sectors for the North East economy.
About NEPIC membership
NEPIC is a not for profit organisation limited by guarantee and membership is restricted to companies and not personal membership. Fees start from as little as £200 + VAT per annum and based on a company’s number of UK employees.
- Industry leadership - a collaborative approach to tackling strategic issues which companies could not address alone and the development of specialised support mechanisms tailored to the requirements of our sector
- Networking - regular business & social meetings where best practice is shared and sales leads generated
- Promotion - publicising your business and the regions capabilities on a global level through a variety of platforms
- Growth - new business opportunities and supply chain connections through the network and RGF/ERDF business acceleration programmes designed to help you grow your business
> BASME - Three year RGF funded programme is open to all SMEs that currently do or could participate in the supply chain of the process industry - This free programme supports business acceleration across 400 North East SMEs. NEPIC Programme managers, along with 60 senior business leaders in the cluster are available to support SMEs using their mentoring experience and expertise to help participating companies gain new business and grow.
> DEELOCSI - Developing awareness of SMEs in the Process Industry supply chain of their Environmental impact to enable them to report their carbon footprint to tier 1 companies
> WIINTECH - A European wide intercluster partnerships in the field of Material and Production technologies applied to Clean Technologies. Co-ordinating cluster activities for the internationalisation of SMEs.
- Profitability - sharing of best practise, energy & resource efficiency, productivity and pooled purchasing to increase the profitability of your business
> NEPIC Buying Group - average saving of £65,000 per member per annum
> NEPIC Insurance Scheme - guaranteed saving of at least 10%, plus enhanced policy coverage and market leading risk management advice
> NEPIC International Payments Scheme - helping clients optimize their currency transactions in local, regional and international markets
> NEPIC Energy Scheme - identifying better rates for utilities whilst also offering a range of products that can significantly reduce energy consumption.
- Investment - a collaborative environment creates a more compelling interactive and proactive business community which is more attractive to investors
- International Trade - benefit from quicker access to key markets through NEPIC’s international relationships
Stakeholder engagement - providing a single unified voice for the North East Process Industries to key stakeholder groups
Marketing offers in excess of £3,000 of value alone
- FocalPoint newsletter - New member introduction article showcasing your company in the next edition of our Focal Point, plus free editorial opportunities for good new stories in future editions of, inclusion subject to NEPIC’s editorial discretion.
- NEPIC Directory - Free ¼ page company profile, with additional advertising opportunities (Directory media pack)
- NEPIC website - Free webpage linked directly to your own website designed to promote your company’s capabilities to the global web, all searchable by key word.
- Members Portal - Access to the exclusive NEPIC Portal which provides members with an exclusive area to network, source products & services, gather information, share knowledge & best practice, find NEPIC and member events (including the ability to promote your own events), member to member offers, tender opportunities and much more.
- NEPIC events - Discounted rates for delegates and exhibitors. 15 networking events in 2011 with over 2,300 attendees.
If you are not a member but would like to contribute to the future success of these important sectors and would like your company to realise some of the membership benefits then join today.
NEPIC Customer Services Manager
Tel: 07802 255 118